Caring for our employees and our community:
- Our extensive ongoing Worker Protection and Food Safety and Security training helps ensure a safe and healthy work environment for all areas of the company.
- As a family owned and operated business, we are lucky to have strong employee loyalty, with multiple generations of families working in various departments.
- Initiated by our founder, Ferdinand Etchart, we maintain a solid relationship with St. Mary’s Food Bank where we have contributed 695,300lbs in produce over the past fiscal year.
- We see great value in supporting the community we call home, and sponsor the Citizen of the Month program at our local Buys & Girls club, named for our founder.
- To encourage positive development, community youth organizations and local sports teams are also sponsored annually.
- Our proximity to the Wildlife World Zoo allows us to cut down on green waste and send over boxes of excess greens weekly to help supplement the animals’ diets.